28 January 2008

pictures and words

1.

from gandhi's ashram observances at sabarmati:

"
The active part of Non-violence is Love. The law of Love requires equal consideration for all life from the tiniest insect to the highest man. One who follows this law must not be angry with the perpetrator of the greatest imaginable wrong, but must love him, wish him well and serve him. Although he must thus love the wrong-doer, he must never submit to his wrong or his injustice, but must oppose it with all his might, and must patiently and without resentment suffer all the hardships to which the wrong-doer may subject him in punishment for his opposition.
"

2.

from st. paul's letter to the corinthians and erik and jesica's wedding

"
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
"

3.

pictures of ahmedabad's old city from the city heritage walk

http://somethingconstructive.net/mangolandia/oldcity

4.

pictures of the jamma masjid and some arabic writing on the literal walls

http://somethingconstructive.net/mangolandia/amanda

--
back to mangolandia.
www.somethingconstructive.net

No comments: