26 May 2006

PSFC Linewaiter's Gazette CcB Blurb

Howdy Folks,

For those of you who aren't voracious readers of the Park Slope Food Coop's Linewaiter's Gazette, I thought you might be interested to read the first publicly written Cooking com Bigode review by a non-Bigodean.

Excerpted from Linewaiter's Gazette May 25, 2006 (Happy B-Day Ank!) Issue, Article titled "Books at the Coop" by Ann Pappert:

When I asked Yuri [coop's bookbuyer] to recommend a favorite book, he handed me Cooking com Bigode, sub-titled "Vegetarian improvisational peasant fusion cuisine for the 22nd century." This quirky, small book features Brazilian recipes from a short-lived restaurant in the Brazilian state of Bahia.

After a few minutes of reading, it was easy to understand Yuri's enthusiasm for the book. Quite unlike almost every other cokbook I've ever read (and believe me, my passion for reading cookbooks is exceeded only by my passion for actually eating food) Cooking com Bigode is as much about a joyous and playful attitude toward food as it is about recipes. Spiral-bound and by all appearances self-published, it's worth seeking out on the shelves.


If you haven't yet picked up a copy, you can always log on to www.somethingconstructive.net/jamanta for more info.

1 comment:

cholmes said...

Ank, you should put this on the website, maybe a new section called 'reviews'?

Also you should link (or at least more obviously, maybe I missed it?) to the blog from the website